Thursday, December 10, 2009
Breakfast to go.
Some mornings are hard to get out of bed, especially in the winter when the bed is so nice and toasty. As a result, sometimes breakfast is sacrificed. Well, maybe not sacrificed - more like postponed. Often I stop at the little coffeehouse on my way to work and purchase baked oatmeal or buy the "breakfast" option the school has for the students (or the really unhealthy muffins they have.) The problem with these is packaging (and transport but that maybe taking things to far.) I have been actively trying to avoid any and all Styrofoam use and individual packaged items. The aforementioned breakfast items violate both of these. So I decided to try to make my own baked oatmeal and freeze it. So I dug out the little Pyrex and corning ware containers and my large muffin muffin pan and got to experimenting. SUCCESS! Today I had a rushed morning, so I grabbed a baked oatmeal muffin out of the freezer, microwaved it at school and ate it while taking care of morning emails. Yeah! (and this will be cheaper in the long run for the frugalistas out there.) I will post the baked oatmeal recipe soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment