Thursday, July 30, 2009
Blackberry Pickin'
So confession time.....while I am a small town girl, love nature, loved going to camp all my life, have stepped in all sorts of , well you know, on a variety of farms (barefoot no less), I am a light weight when it comes to outdoorsy things. In fact, today I was called something akin to a pansy, I can't remember exactly the slight, but pansy is close enough. I went blackberry picking with some of the lovely ladies from my book club at the home of one of the ladies. I am shredded to bits from the 'stickers'. I am terrified I will have a killer poison ivy outbreak from the abundance of exposure. ....and I had several close encounters of the eight legged variety. (One such encounter elicited the pansy moniker.) I think three hours of berry picking is enough for me this summer. At least I am using seasonal local and seasonal food. I am going to risk 2 1/2 cups of blackberries in a cobbler tonight. I am having a company tomorrow morning at 9:30 am, is that to early to serve cobbler? Maybe I will find a muffin recipe. Hmm. In the meantime, I am researching homemade poison ivy remedies just in case. Photos of the cobbler process will come in a future post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There isn't much that is more painful than blackberry picking! I usually get done looking like I just spent an hour in the washing machine with 3 cats.
Pansy, schmansy! At least you're out there.
:)
Post a Comment