Friday, April 3, 2009

Delay in Construction

So I am delaying compost bin construction. I decided instead to use the last bit of my break to visit a dear friend in Goshen, Indiana. Plus, I am a bit intimidated about the bin. So I may enlist the services of my Daddo. He is handy with a hammer. I figured I completed my June goal on March 28th, so I can extend the timing of the March goal. My new time frame is Earth Day. (April 22nd for the those who may be a bit unaware.) Musing on Goshen: it is a lovely town. I heard on the news though it is one of the hardest hit areas in the nation of job losses right now. They are at about 19%, Yikes! I tried to help the local trade a bit though. I went to a local bookstore called "Books for Good" They collect used books from people, libraries, etc, and then donate them to various literacy programs around the world. They have recently ventured in to selling some of the books here to try and raise funds. They had a special of buy $30 and receive a free tote. Okay, so me in a bookstore easily equals $30. Yet another bag to take when shopping. Then today I went to a large fair trade store and used my own bag. As a special treat, if you bring your own bag during the month of April you get a piece of dark chocolate. Yeah, fun. We also visited a local potter were I purchased a cool olive oil dispenser. Whew, that is a lot of shopping .... I am done with that for now.....and I think I am done rambling for now as well.

No comments: