Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TNR

Today is a TNR day. If you you don't know TNR stands for Trap - Neuter - Return. It is the most environmental and humane way to deal with a feral cat population. I will go into more detail in another post the difference between feral and stray cats. However, it is really early and I do need to start getting ready for work. I have set two live traps - Have-a-Heart, are the traps of my choosing, and made arrangements with a vet to perform the procedure at a reduced price. My dear sweet mother is dropping them off at the clinic as I must go to work at 6:00 or 6:30 and the clinic doesn't open til 8. I will pick them up in the afternoon after work. It will be interesting because I have to also take in Emmy, for her yearly vaccines. The ride home should sound like a choir of angels, tee hee. At least it is only a four mile drive. I have already in the first five minutes made on successful trap. Yeah. Slowly and surely I will sterilize all the barn cats around here. Granted, I have to combat the continual drop off of new cats. Ugh. More on that later.

No comments: