After a breakfast and shopping with an old friend, I went to her neighbor's garage sale. My pal talked me into wheeling and dealing for this little table and chair set. I had been saying I wanted something to sit on my porch for tea and an occasional breakfast. My requirements were cheap to free. Well, I was able to secure this lovely set for $5. I am certain I overpaid, but they were asking $10, so what do you do. Tish convinced me I can easily reupholster the seat cushions and paint the set. So the adventure begins. Tish and I went to a fabric store and found some cute outdoor fabric and outdoor foam. I wanted to buy the bamboo foam, but it was for indoor use only. The process has been harder than I imagined. The heads of the screws that hold the seat in place were all striped so I had to for the cushions apart. (Holding my breath that I didn't break the chair.) Then the staples holding the fabric were rusted and difficult to extract. However, I persevered. Then I discovered that the foam is a smidge to short on one side, so I had to do some additional cutting, but after an hour and half, I have one seat cushion done. I will clean and spray paint the chair tomorrow and go from there. Eventually I would like to replace the table top with beveled glass (as was originally there) until then I am unsure what to do because the table top that is there is awful, any suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment