Saturday, March 21, 2009

Rechargeable Batteries


Okay, so this post is a bit on the lame side, because rechargeable batteries are a no brainer in the eco friendly path, but as I have mentioned before baby steps are the best path for most into a greener life. So if you have not made the plunge yet consider it. I started just with my AA and AAA batteries. I purchased the small travel charger and a couple packs of each size and as batteries died I replaced them with the rechargeable ones. Soon I felt compelled to buy the mondo recharger that services a wide range of rechargeable. I have been extremely happy with both. Some battery operated items need recharging more than others. (Digital cameras for instance.) However, they are battery hogs regardless of the type of battery used. One point I need to make in earnest whatever battery you choice. Dispose of them properly!! Please do not throw them in you regular trash. The components in the batteries are nasty and we definately do not want them leaching into our soil. Call around for drop off sites, I know my school collects them so that is where I take mine.






No comments: