Monday, March 30, 2009

Reusing Prom Dresses


So I have started a little project at my school. I collect use prom dresses and give them out to girls at my school who need or want them. I totally ripped the idea off of a news segment I saw on urban versions of this. I have given out four so far this year. I need to work on getting some stylish bigger girl sizes. I am hit again with the correlation between poverty and obesity. It is saddening. However, on a more positive note, I get to help make a special night for some girls. I know prom in general is not very green but it is so memorable to people and I am just trying to find ways to green it. I am happy to say last year the prom advisers invested in silverware to cut down on the waste of disposable plastic ware.

No comments: