Now, with permission from the lovely Mary, the beans and eggs recipe I showed before. (Here is another poor quality photo showcasing my friend, Rachel, enjoying her dish, darn flash on the fritz.)
Cook beans until crisp tender. (You may steam them, boil them, whatever you prefer, we used the leftover beans from the night before.)
Fry an egg (to your preference, I go over medium) for each serving of beans.
Place a piece of cheese on top of each egg (Mary suggested cheddar, I had provolone, so that is what I used. ) Place in oven for until cheese melts. (I went with 350 that seems the catchall temp.)
While this is baking, for each serving saute one TB of butter, three TB of red wine vinegar, and one TB of dijon mustard. Whisk until creamy. Spoon desired amount on each serving. We found making 3-6-3 version for 3 servings a bit too much, so you may not need exactly one per serving depending on how much sauce you like. Also, I used spicy brown mustard instead of dijon, because, well, that's what I had so that's what I used.
Another variation I am excited to try is to switch out the beans for asparagus, yummy.....actually, I haven't eaten dinner yet, I may have to make this...
No comments:
Post a Comment