Thursday, August 27, 2009
Hmm, did you know......?
So do you know what happens when an aunt, who is notorious for giving away produce that is nearly past it's prime, gives you a watermelon and you leave it on the counter for two days? Amazingly enough, it spontaneously combusted. Yep, sure enough. I was washing dishes last night and I hear a loud pop, then a cat goes flying across the room. I turn around to see the watermelon split in half, pieces every where and lots of watermelon juice all over. (Of course, my cell phone was sitting there, taking a swim in the juice.) I thought, hmm, that's weird...so I walk over to clean it up and the smell tells me why it blew up.....note to self....cut the watermelon up right away!! Yuck, yuck, yuck! To top it off, it was 10:30pm, so I just put it in the trash to deal with later, and by the time I got home from work today my entire apartment smelled of rotting melon...blagh..so a quick trip to the dumpster and lots of open windows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment